Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ruminatin', not good?


As the first half of first semester of prereq's is over, the word "ruminating" has gotten frowns from my psych professor. Apparently, this is what anxious people do, they think about things over and over again and can't dispel the thoughts. Well, that may be partly true for me, but that's not the idea here-it's spilling up the guts (although I have done a fairly lousy job of that since this whole thing started). I have terrible sleep anxiety, I don't want to go to bed because I know that the rumination will happen as I try to fall asleep. I've had this since I was a little girl. In my adult life, melatonin (not to be confused with melanin which helps bronze your ass) has gotten me through this. But, I digress...

What's my point? None, I'm not thinking about things. Oh, I totally lie. I think about Turkey constantly. I think about skeletal bones all.the.time and most recently-while doing yardwork today all I could think about were the words, obdurator foramen.

Um, so what's the subject here? Maybe my name should be mo regurgitatin' but I bet that's a whole other issue my psych prof would want to deal with...

No comments:

Post a Comment